Monday, June 14, 2010

Two More Events From Sunday

I forgot to share this funny picture of what we saw on the way to Church-




And then I forgot to tell you that being a good samaritan can be dangerous! The story is that Sunday there was a big storm coming, so I let the dogs out so they didn't have to wait until later. When I let them out I noticed the neighbors a few doors down standing at the back fence because their portable patio cover (or whatever they're called) had blown over and they couldn't figure out how to get over the fence to get to it as thier fence is a 4 foot and the chain link fence behind all our houses is 6 foot. When we installed our fence we made it 6 foot, so it's the same height as the chain link fence and the horizontal planks are on the inside so I've been able to crawl over and back a few times before when a wayward ball has gone over. So I decided to climb over and help them get the tent thing back.....but I didn't really think that through because I went over with no shoes, no socks, and wearing shorts instead of pants...not smart for fence climbing, especially chain link fence climbing. Once I got back to the house I looked at myself and realized that I had cut myself up something awful! My arms aren't too bad, but I have a few bruises, my upper legs got the worst of it. One got scraped kinda bad on the knee, the other got scraped really, really bad on the upper inside of my thigh. When I got home yesterday and looked again I've got black and purple bruises around the scratches now (only the ones on the inside of my thigh)!?!?! Apparently the other times I climbed it I was wearing shoes and pants because I would have remembered getting sliced like this! So word to the wise, before helping others, help yourself!

P.S. I'm up to date on my tetanus shots :)

1 comment:

Graceandjoelroberts said...

OUCH! I don't know if this means we're getting older (we're not) but I bruise way more easily now, not okay!! You're such a GREAT neighbor, how bout you move and we can be neighbors again :-)