It was a fun evening filled with kid laughter, carving fun and of course a ton of food!
I added another roast to the menu as I couldn't find a single pork loin roast big enough to feed 11. Instead of doing the Rosemary-Garlic recipe on it as well, I decided to make a Pork Roast with Cardamom Mushroom Sauce (which I found on Simply Recipes). DELICIOUS!!!! It was sooo good! I highly recommend this recipe! Cardamom is expensive, but we have a place kind of like a farmers market whole foods combo that I was able to get about 2 tablespoons of it for $.95 vs. $10 for a little bottle.

With the other roast, I highly recommend adding some chicken broth to the bottom of the roasting pan as it ended up being a little dry.
Overall the meal was very delicious! For dessert we had a 3 layer apple cake with buttercream frosting, chocolate chess pie and a lemon meringue pie. Yum, yum, yum!




No comments:
Post a Comment