Thursday, December 4, 2008

Here we go again.....

This morning I made an executive decision...and probably will regret it later, lol.

I decided that today was the day to try leaving Shelby out of her crate and in the bedroom again. The last time I tried this it really didn't go all that bad. Yes, there were clothes from the laundry basket all over the room, yes the bed was not still neatly made and yes, there was even a tear in the comforter which promted massive playing in the stuffing that came out b/c of the tear, but nothing else was destroyed, broken or eaten. I think that was a good start!

So, today I put the laundry hamper in the closet and tucked the blanket sides under the mattress as best and tight as I could in hopes that the comforter underneath of it would be spaired. (with the first go-round there was no blanket on top to protect the comforter). So let's all cross our fingers and think happy thoughts of sleeping, peaceful puppies that don't eat anything :) Our first attempt at this was 2-3 weeks ago I think....

I'm trying to find pictures from Ford's first attempts open in the house, but I'm not having much luck. Ford also had a slow transition from being in the crate to being left out in the house, but we started a little younger with him...I think he was about 8-9 months old when we first started, and Shelby will be 1 year old on New Year's. It was before we got married, but after the bridal shower that we decided he was ready to be left out in the house on his own, and not just closed in the bedroom.

The first day he unwrapped all of our gifts for us, and only destroyed one very ugly set of champagne glasses that had been hand decorated (the glass was still in tact, but all the decoration had been carefully pulled off-good dog!).

The second day I think is where he ate 3 pillows off of the couch. It looked like it had snowed feathers all over our living room!!! It took so long to get all of them up, it was crazy!

The third day was when I had-had enough and decided we need to take it a little slower. The third day he ate about 6 pairs of shoes. Yes, it was bad. If I remember correctly it was my favorite pair of black boots, 3 pairs of flip flops, my sneakers and just a little bit of a pair of S's sneakers. I may have cried over the boots.....I'm not sure, that memory is a little fuzzy, don't tell anyone.
Moral of this story.....pray for my house today, lol!

1 comment:

Selena said...

HAHAHAHA, I remember the first attempts at leaving Ford out. I wonder if I still have those pictures saved in my email. I just might.

I am praying for Shelby. Did you take them for a nice long, tiring walk before you left??