Last night we had our friends C & M over for dinner. We had such a good time! I made a clove pineapple ham with mashed red potatoes, steamed asparagus and carrots and crescent rolls. For dessert we had chocolate fondue with marshmellows, pineapple, strawberries and bannanas for dipping. YUM!!!! I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want to hold up the feast, we were hungry! But the table looked great. We ate at the dinning room table and I made these to be our centerpiece since this was a Easter inspired dinner. I had to go here to actually figure out how to make them though.
Clove-Pineapple Ham
1 smoked ham
about 1 T of whole cloves
1 can pineapple slices (the rings)
1 can Coke
Preheat oven to 300F. Put enough tin foil in a 1" deep baking pan to cover the the ham for cooking. Place ham in pan/tinfoil. Lightly slice the top of the ham to make a diamond pattern. Insert a clove at every "x" on the ham, lay pineapple slices all over (I sometimes hang them by the cloves in difficult spots), pour about 1/4-1/2 of the can of coke over the ham. Cover and bake about 15-20 minutes per pound of ham. I had a 6 pound ham so I cooked it for about an hour and a half.
Chocolate Fondue
12 squares semi-sweet bakers chocolate
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream/whipping cream
Melt and mix the chocolate and cream together. Dip away! That's it!
Thank you C & M for coming over!!! We had a great time and we must do this again!
2 days ago




3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great time! When I do ham, I get a presliced one and insert cloves all around. I "hang" the pineapple slices using toothpicks. I also make a glaze with honey, brown sugar and butter. I can't wait to try coke...so much faster and less cleanup. YUMMY! I want do the fondue. Sounds great!
YUMMMMM!! That sounds soo good and what cute centerpieces! Again Katie, super wife :-)
Forgot to say that I LOVE the centerpieces. I don't think that I am co-ordinated enough to do something like that.
Post a Comment