Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dinner and an Update

Let's start with the update: the interview went Great! In his own words he "nailed it!". We should find out this morning who they are choosing for the position so send up a prayer for us!

Dinner:
For dinner Monday night I made stuffed flank steak with mushroom gravy, steamed carrots and a salad. It was delicious! My dad passed the recipe to me recently and I just knew it would be good.

So start with a flank steak, cover it with plastic wrap and beat the crap out of it with whatever you have on hand. I used a rolling pin, previously I have used a can. This is to help break up the conective tissue since we are not marinating it. Next, make some chicken stuffing from Stove Top and have it to the side. Slice your steak length wise into individual portions. I did mine in 3, but should have done it in 5! Take a ball of stuffing and place it in the middle of a strip of steak, fold the ends around and pin them with a toothpick. Do this with the rest of the strips and stuffing. I lightly sprayed a 9x9 with cooking spray then placed the rollups in the pan. For the gravy, mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup, about 3/4 can of water and some worcestershire sauce. Pour the gravy over and around all your rollups. I cooked mine in a 425 oven for about 40 minutes. YUM!!!! They were so good! I think I would use a 13x9 next time so the heat can get in and around the rollups better b/c they were not evenly cooked. So good though, you must try it! And I will get a picture next time I make it :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yummy, one more of your tasty recipes to add to my collection!