So this is the before set up (don't laugh, I did the best I could!):

And here is the after (again, don't laugh, I did the best I could, although this ones porportions are a little more off than the original one):

So I really like the new set up and Seth loves it. There is plenty of room all the way around the bed so no one has to squeeze through or step over something. Both dressers can be opened completely without hitting the other and the corner between them has been made the laundry corner and is a nice little hiding place so everyone doesn't see our dirty laundry :)
Completely different topic now:
So last night/this morning (Sunday morning) I woke up at 1am and could not go back to sleep, so I tossed and turned and tossed and turned and finally developed the twitches. I'm sure you all know what the twitches are, when you are so tired but your body is twitching and you cant go to sleep, so annoying! Anyhoo, so I'm tossing and its about 2 now and all of a sudden I hear a rifle shot....at 2 in the morning! And it's pretty close, as in probably just a few houses away. The shot was also accompanied by a dull flash of light. So I'm thinking that is really wierd and kind of freaky but ok, whatever. Then it happens again! I grab Seth and tell him whats going on and he thinks I'm dreaming until I get done and it happens again!! So he jumps out of bed, throws on some pants, grabs the pistol and stealthly slips onto the back porch to investigate. While he is out there Ford is in my lap having a complete panic attack and the shot goes off again! So scary at this point. Seth stays out there a while longer then comes in and tells me it seems like its about 4 houses down, but he doesn't see any lights and it doesn't seem to be coming from any of the houses and he can't pinpoint the light or shot. So we get back in bed and go back to sleep since it doesn't happen again and we can't figure anything out....in hindsight, we probably should have called the police just to check things out, but I think someone was just having some drunk fun as there was nothing in the news about it. Freaky though, 4 rifle shots close to our house at 2am!!




5 comments:
I love how your bed is long and skinny in the first picture and fat and wide in the second ;)
Anyway, I LOVE the new arrangement. I love to rearrange furniture because you can always put it back if you don't like it. You have no inspired me to try to move things around in a room in my house...hmmm...which room should it be?
Ohhh and I love how you have a wonderful "protector" like we do!
Wow...I felt like I was watching an episode of "Mission: Origanization" on HGTV while reading your blog. You did an awesome job rearranging your room. There is so much more space!
The gunshot story freaked me out and I am thousands of miles away! I'm glad you had Seth and the dogs there with you. If it happens again, I would defn call the popo.
What a small world! I also saw you follow Grace's blog and I cheered with Grace at N.C. State a long time ago! Very cool. I love your blog and thanks for the comment. We will definitely check out flaming Amy's!
Yikes about the shots, glad Seth was home. What did you create your layouts on? Love how you changed your room, I bet it looks great!
Post a Comment