Last night I had my first eye exam. Well, not ever, but at least since elementary school, lol!
In one short week I will be the proud owner of my first pair of glasses. My prescription is fairly low, said the doctor, but boy what a difference it makes! I was shocked and embarrassed when she flipped the lenses back to normal from the prescription and I could see just how big of a difference they will make. I will only need them when driving (day & night) and if I need to read far away (I'm thinking work meetings with a projector or conferences).
Luckily my insurance covered everything except for the one upgrade I got (the Beyonce song "Let me Upgrade you" just came in my head, lol). I got some sort of something that reduces the glare on the glasses as well as makes them stronger and more scratch resistant. Please don't ask what my prescription actually is b/c as a newbie to this whole glasses/prescription world, I did not ask :( But, that is my lesson for now, and when my glasses come in I'll be sure to ask!
So go ahead and start slinging all the slander you can! Seth has already beat you to it, so I know I can handle it :)
2 days ago




3 comments:
Good job! Now we can wear our glasses together...at least until I finally take time to order some new contacts.
word verification: ingri (what??)
wahoo! welcome to the world of glasses contacts! If it makes you feel better, my glasses are so thick I have to get the ultra thin kind, and they're still pretty thick. I got mine in 4th grade and will NEVER forget really seeing things for the first time. Glasses/contacts are pretty much only for cool people. Sorry Seth!
Let there be sight! Being able to see is a very good thing. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself!
Post a Comment