Yesterday was my birthday!!
It was such a great day! My husband greeted me first thing in the morning with hugs and birthday wishes, then proceeded to serenade me with the birthday song while gargling Listerine! LOL! He is so funny! I got so many calls, emails and well wishes throughout the day. It was so nice :)
Seth also sent an Edible Arrangement basket to my work and it was soo yummy and pretty! It had strawberries, chocolate covered strawberries, grapes, pineapple, cantalope and honeydew! It didnt last long at all!
Then when he picked me up from work he suprised me with a bouquet of flowers and a cute card with personalized drawings of our family, lol. It was sweet.
On the way home he stopped and got me a chocolate shake from Sheetz, which is my new favorite stop for ice cream.
We went to dinner at BullFeathers and enjoyed some yummy wings and beer. I had honey BBQ and Seth had boneless parmesan. Then on the way home he stopped and got me another chocolate milkshake, but that one was mostly b/c I had a really sore throat all yesterday (and still do today). I'm hoping it goes away and doesn't turn into anything though b/c we have plans to go visit Grace and Joel in Topsail this weekend! It's going to be such a good time!!!! I can't wait!
Sunday night we had another birthday celebration. Since PB and I share a birdthday I hosted a birthday dinner for us. All together there were 11 of us, my dining room was packed! I made to roast chickens (one stuffed with stuffing, the other surrounded with vegetables), about 8 pounds of mashed red potatoes with sour cream, cream cheese, chicken bouillion and garlic powder, and a big pot of steamed broccolli, carrots, squash, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. It was so good!! For dessert we had chocolate fondue! We had marshmellows, pineapple, bannanas and strawberries for dipping. It was great! I should have taken pictures, but I always forget and I still can't find the charger for the camera, grr!
OH! And, Seth is buying me Jeff Dunham tickets for his show in May at the RBC center!!! My honey really went overboard this year :)
But that's enough bragging about my birthday for now, even though there is still so much more to talk about, hehe.
This past Saturday I did my first 5K since last year! It was so much fun and my friend Selena came down and did it with me. I must admit that I didn't run the whole thing, but I think I did Ok for being as out of shape as I am. I'm going to be in better shape for the next one, which I believe will be....the Cary Road Race on April 4. I'm only going to do the 5K, I'm definitely not ready for the big leagues of the 10K!! LOL!!
Hope everyone has a great Hump Day!!
4 days ago




2 comments:
Okay Katie, you need to load up the vitamins and zicam!! No getting sick now!!! GOT IT! I still can't get over all the food you cooked, that is an art! YUMMMM!!!
What a great birthday you had! Lots of food involved, lol. I will come April 4 to do the next race as I had a ton of fun running in the rain this past weekend. Glad you had a great birthday. Have a fun weekend and no getting sick!
Post a Comment