Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mmmmm!

Dinner at the Angus Barn was sooo good last night! We had a really nice night, and our waiter was awesome! So if you're ever at the Angus Barn, ask for Lance, he's good.

Anyhoo, our reservations were at 7, we arrived, walked in and were seated immediately. The hostess who sat us realized I was a little cold and offered a shawl, which I refused saying that it was my legs and that might be a little akward, but she was so sweet and brought me a really soft blanket to wrap over my legs, so sweet! Moving on, we were seated and Seth immediately dived head fist into the tub of cheese and crackers they put on the table, I had to beat him off with a stick! He loves that stuff, and on the way out we bought some. We didn't have an appetizer (other than the cheese and crackers) but I had a caesar salad and he had french onion soup that came with the meal. We each ordered a filet with garlic mashed potatoes, he had the 10 oz and I had the 7 oz. It was heavenly! So tender, so good! Because it was our anniversary they brought us a complementary cake to our table for dessert, which we decided to box up and take home so that we could split the hot fudge sundae off the desert tray! Another heavenly experience! We had such a nice evening! Happy two year anniversary to us!

On to another Mmmmm-this morning I had a wonderful homemade fruit smoothie for breakfast! I used about 7 of the frozen strawberries I brought back from Richmond, about a handful of fresh blueberries (side note: can those be frozen??), two soft banana's, about 6 ice cubes and one peach yogurt. Blend and enjoy! It was very yummy! The second banana was a necessary, it added the perfect amount of sweet to overcome the bite that blueberries and strawberries together can have. So good!

Tonight we have life group at Tracy & Eddie's house, and I know it will be fun, but it will also be sad as we will be saying goodbye to Julie. She is moving this weekend to be with Chris in Florida and start their new life. We are very excited for her, but will miss her terribly!

As far as this weekend....we don't have any plans that I know of. I'm dogsitting Friday night/Saturday morning, and have nursery Sunday morning, but nothing else.

What do you have planned? Happy almost Friday!

2 comments:

Graceandjoelroberts said...

YUMM! You can freeze blueberry's. They're Joel's favorite, so we try to always have some in the freezer. On a side note, just outside of FV there is a blueberry farm you can go pick your own, they are good and huge!! We picked a ton, and nows the time to do it! So glad you guys had fun!!

Selena said...

Yep, you can freeze blueberries! This weekend, I will be cleaning my house and playing outside! Nothing really set in stone yet.